The Meadowlark Skating Rink is NOW OPEN!
Thank you to all community members that reached out to us, responded to our surveys and attended our open house on the status of our community skating rink. We are pleased to announce that it is open for the 2020-21 season!
In order to operate our volunteer-run, community rink we need your help!
What you need to know:
- Follow all guidance and public signage at the rink.
- Please scan the posted QR code with a mobile phone before getting on the ice.
- If you are unable to use the provided QR code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us a quick email with all the names of people attending and either an email or phone number for contact tracing if there is a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Please adhere to all Government of Alberta/Alberta Health Services physical distancing guidelines – this includes using hand sanitizer before jumping on the ice and wearing a mask at all times.
- Ensure there are no more than ten (10) people on the ice at once.
- Free skating only – due to provincial guidelines, only free-skate activities are permitted.
- Rink shacks and other indoor amenities like bathrooms are and will remain closed.
- UPDATED (12/01/20): EFCL has updated its guidelines and now sticks, pucks and hockey are all allowed at community league-operated skating rinks as long as all physical distancing and public health guidelines are followed by those in attendance.
If these guidelines and public health orders are not followed, this may result in a $1,000 fine and/or up-to a $100,000 fine via the court system. Additionally, if we are unable to ensure that the rink is able to be operated in a reliably safe manner, we will be forced to close the rink.
None of us wants to close the rink, so please work with us so all community members can enjoy the great outdoors this winter!